Once you've set the date and location for your big day, it's time to start thinking about how to announce your plans to the world!
One Year before the wedding
- Order your Engagement Party Invitations, Save the Dates, and/or Announcements.
- Start thinking about your wedding invitations. Most importantly, figure out your budget. Invitation suites are priced per piece; for example, if you know that you want to spend no more than $500 for a full custom stationery suite, figure out how many invitations you need and then how much you can spend per invitation. Our invitations start at $2.25 per suite, but remember the more material, graphic design and embellishments that you add the higher your cost will be. Contact one of our invitation consultants if you have any questions regarding budget, we're more than happy to help!
- Decide on colours, styles and your "must-have" list. For example, does your invitation have to have a certain embellishment?
- Consider other things too: Do you require a translation? Do you need a map and directions card, an entourage card, etc.? We can help you figure everything out if you need help, just ask!
6+ Months before the wedding
- This is the fun part. It's time to choose your invitations! We offer an incredible variety of styles and themes to suit every budget. If you already know what you want to order from looking through our extensive line up of custom invitations, great! if you need a little help deciding, no problem! Contact us for a consultation, or book a consult with us right now online with our handy online appointment scheduler
- We offer both in person and over-the-phone consultations to help you make the big decision.
- If you like our style, but don't see exactly what you're looking for in our gallery, no problem! We're always up for a challenge. Contact us for some more information on ordering a fully custom suite.
4-6 Months before the wedding
- Finalize your Invitation order!
- We require a 50% deposit before any custom artwork can be completed, so make sure you're making your deposit about 6 months prior to the wedding.
- For a standard in-town wedding with only a few out of town guests, you need to send out your invitations a minimum of 3 months prior to the wedding. Don't let this date sneak up on you! Remember, we need about 4-6 weeks to complete a fully custom suite. If you come to us 3.5 months before your wedding - we can help you, but your options for customization and special embellishments become limited when we don't have the 4-6 weeks that we need and rush fees may apply.
- Once you've mailed off your invitations, it's time to start thinking about day of stationery. Download our Day Of Stationery Guide to see pricing and what products we offer. Remember though, if you want something totally unique that you don't see in this guide, just let us know!
- Remember, when you order your invitations with us, you can get up to 15% off all complementary stationery, including bridal shower invitations and thank you cards!
0-2 Months before the wedding
- With only one month before your big day, you're going to start getting all of your RSVPs back. If you're getting married during busy season (May-August), you're going to be ordering your day-of stationery at the same time that everyone else is, and everyone's going to need their stationery on a short turn around time. We recommend that you tell us as soon as you decide on what stationery pieces you want (such as menus, table numbers, place cards, seating chart, etc.). We'll start designing right away.
- Most customers contact us about 2 months prior to the wedding to have their designs created. We may require a deposit for your stationery at this point and we'll let you know if we do. We know that two months prior to the wedding, you don't have all of the final numbers, names, etc. finalized so we don't ask you to commit to a certain number of place cards, table numbers, etc. We just want to have your designs on file, so that when you have the details, we're ready to go to work on your order!
- Most Day-of Stationery pieces are ready for pick up or courier the week of the wedding. We do not deliver day-of stationery to the venue or any other location.
- Please let us know well in advance if there are any stationery pieces that you require ahead of time. These include:
- Favour tags
- Water bottle labels
- Wine bottle labels, etc.
- Anything you may need to use in preparing another item for your wedding, that you don't want to do at the last minute.
- You will receive a digital sample of each stationery piece before it is printed.
If you need any more clarification, please contact us!